Long time, no see!

2:25 PM

Is it too early to be daydreaming of the color green again?  I've been trying to slowly go through old negatives and archiving them into the computer.  Although this image isn't especially thrilling, I like the temperature and the peacefulness of the day that it exudes.

It's been a while since I've been on!  I haven't meant to be absent, but I've been so busy at school and with various other projects and life in general.  However, life has been good and I hope you have been doing well during the fresh month of January!

To catch you up on what's been going on in the Travis-Carr home, ultimately, Joey and I have been learning and putting into practice our mode of attack to feed more time into our creative endeavors.  That and finally getting the house clean after we (mostly me in that we) tore the place up and neglected our cleaning responsibilities due to a crazy schedule.  Now, however, we're going to be better about that.

From this Tuesday and on (I'm not completely sure when we're going to stop), I'm going to begin giving private art lessons to a 7th grader who is STOKED about lessons with me.  I just hope that I can meet his expectations.  So, I'm going to be trying to do a lot more research on artists that he might find interesting to learn about and inspire both of us.

Also, I've got the C-STEM challenge at school to work on with the students (we're working on a mural and a sea turtle sculpture, pop-up book, and more).  We have to have all of that finished up by April.  And I have my own Graduate Art Show to work on and complete before March, so it's going to be a busy, but Artful semester which will hopefully overflow into the rest of my live-long days.

So, wish us luck!

My pile of links to share with you has become HUGE!  So, bear with me while I sort through them:


I discovered this song on thesensesfive.com.  Both this song and this beautiful version between a father-daughter duet is BEAUTIFUL!  May the trumpets ring through your heart as they do mine :)

Although the Holidays are over, if you want a head start for your festive crafts for next year, then start here!


Someone needs to find me an extra $100.00 quick... these are shoes that are just too vital to my work wardrobe.  All you other teachers, with the exception of Ms. Frizzle, step aside, I'm going to dress what I teach!

Some pretty cool visual candy:

Seaweed from Tell No One on Vimeo.


found via http://honestlywtf.com/video/seaweed

OLEK AND THE CHARGING BULL ON WALL STREET from olek on Vimeo.


also found via http://honestlywtf.com/video/olek-the-bull


Check out this amazing story of an undiscovered artist who may have been one of the "greatest street photographers the world never knew."

How I have never seen this website, I'm not sure, but it's AWESOME and I'm adding it to my daily stroll through the Internet.



Whew, and that's it.  I hope everyone has a great weekend, great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. day, and a great week! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images