Hello again!

4:16 PM

Absence:  I apologize for it.  It has been far too long since I've shown any love to Underbite and I promise I will be making up for that.  My excuse:  life has been hectic, and, though I have had the occasional moment to check in for an update or exciting links, I've just been taking the small opportunities to give a minute to myself and Joey to breathe and catch up with ourselves.   There have been several instances where I've clicked to create a new post, stared at the blank template, and clicked out, not knowing where or how exactly to even begin.  The blog has always been a fun little ongoing project for me and never a stressor in my life, and I don't ever want it to become one, so I stepped away from it while I let life slow down or catch up or whatever you want to call it.  However, today, when I sat down, I didn't feel the dread of not knowing what to write about or where to start, so I began typing.  So, ultimately, now I've got a lot to catch you up on, and a lot to write about, and I hope that you'll forgive me for the dry spell.  I'm really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and sharing my ideas, inspirations, and life adventures with you so that perhaps you will enjoy them as well and can share your thoughts and comments.

Today Joey and I headed over to his family's house to celebrate Mother's day a week early with an excellent brunch made by his sister Cheri.  We all sat out on the front porch, ate delicious breakfast burritos, bagels with cream cheese, capers, onions, and smoked salmon, home fries and fruit (Yeah, that's how Cheri rolls and it's awesome!).  Mimosas and coffee complemented the brunch as well, as did the always wonderful and good time that comes with visiting my in-laws.  They're a most excellent bunch of people and I'm so very happy to now be counted amongst them!

After brunch, we migrated to the den where we watched the Grizzlies show the NBA that they are indeed a team of contenders.  The series won against the Spurs shed some light on our abilities and I'm stoked to see how far they can go. Although the OKC Thunder are an amazing group of athletes, the Grizzlies proved to be the better team this game and this Memphian could not be any prouder!  Go Grizz!!!

So, despite the tornados and the crazy weather, it has been a great Sunday, and I'm excited to catch you up and get back on track.  I never got a chance to show you my final piece from the art show, so I'll start from there (pictures below) and slowly catch up with myself from then... March... geezz I'm behind!  I'll try to get back on the Mon.,  Wed., Fri. posts, because I liked that flow.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend and I hope this week proves to be lovely for you with (hopefully) calmer weather.

Unravel, Patiently
Pen and ink with watercolor
22"x30"

A detail shot...

And, another detail shot.  I do believe that I significantly strained my eyes and worsened my vision with this project, but damn it felt good to create it.

Have a great week and love to all!


You Might Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images