Peek-A-Boo, New Too!!!

8:01 PM

Before I get started on the post, I promised Honeymoon pictures.  So, if you haven't seen them already, then check them out in my Facebook album.  It was an incredibly beautiful and relaxing Honeymoon, but don't think that it ended a week after the wedding, we're still on it, and hopefully will be until death do us part :)

So, without further ado...

Pssst... Guess what?  Although I haven't posted the list yet, I am in the process of creating a 30 before 30 list.  This gives me a little less than 5 years to complete 30 things that I would like to accomplish before the big three-O.  I'm super stoked about it.

Anyway, back before Joey proposed to me, I was planning on doing something just for me for my 25th birthday; something that I really wanted, but had never done because I was concerned with the negative reaction it would get from the people I love.  So, when Joey proposed to me a month before my birthday, I was ECSTATIC.  I was actually told that I was beaming for like two or three weeks straight at work which is a long time to have a smile on your face when you teach for a living and deal with many of its obstacles the profession sometimes presents.  However, I decided to hold off on my special something for myself because I wanted our big day and its planning to be the happiest, most non-confrontational process possible.  In other words, I wanted it to happen smoothly with everyone happy to enjoy what was most important... love and family and being together for a happy occasion.

So, to speed my ramblings up to the point; when my friend Emily called me asking if I wanted a tattoo, that it was a now or never decision, I chose NOW!  I've been waiting for someone else who wanted to share the experience with me, but I was about to give up hope and just head to the parlor myself, so there was NO hesitation in my answer.  I would complete my 25th birthday gift to myself before I turned 26!  YeAy!


My little pinky finger tattoo.  It kind of looks like an 8 year old doodled on themselves... which isn't too far from the truth :).  Each different colored ring symbolizes something I want to be reminded of everyday: blue = staying true to myself, red = love, purple = patience, green = complaining less and instead finding more solutions, and, last but not least, black = staying constant with my struggle with quitting cigarettes (I've had about 14 cigarettes since last november and none since the wedding).  Since I've been smoking for around 9 to 10 years (yes, I know it's awful), I'm pretty proud of myself that I've been able to refrain and hopefully I will keep that up...until I find out that I'm dying, at least, and then I'm pretty sure I can use that excuse to smoke guilt free.  Knock on wood that isn't anytime soon!

It was both Emily and I's first tattoo, so we were a bit nervous before we were "inked", however, it honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.  Afterwards, we hit up Goodwill (I got two awesome skirts and one super fun dress) and drove around the midtown area looking for possible home upgrades for her to rent.  After that, we went back to Emily's place to pick up an old Chest of Drawers she wanted to get rid of (we've been needing one), and hauled it from her house to mine and Joey's.  It was an excellent day to be spontaneous!


Isn't it beautiful!  Now Joey won't lose his mind over my giant pile of clothes that once inhabited this portion of the room.

So, that was my exciting day!  What happened to you today that was exciting?  I know that there had to have been at least one exciting highlight of the day.  Feel free to share!

Goodbye for now and love to all!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images