I get it from my Mama...

9:03 AM

Although I think Juvenile and I are speaking of two different aspects of what mothers give to their daughters, I couldn't get this song off repeat in my head, so I decided to post it as a segue into today's post for my mother.


So, on a more serious note, I do in fact credit my mother for a lot of my characteristics.  My emotions, my sense of the world around me, my blonde hair, and more.  Therefore, I propose that we raise a glass and toast my wonderful mother for all of the things that she has given to me and my family...

You are beautiful both inside and out, you lead by example and not just through preaching.  You are compassionate, kind-hearted, and selfless, and inspiration to all.  You have given me such a strong sense and foundation of morality that wherever I am, I don't think I'll ever lose sight of what is wrong or right.  Perhaps you can't physically juggle, but your ability to handle whatever life throws at you, be it silly or be it serious, suggests otherwise.  I will always find comfort in your smile and laugh, and I will always find comfort in the fact that when my mind turns into jumbled chaos and simple tasks become looney, I can say I got that from you :).  I love you for all of these things, and the list goes on and on, and I almost put it into a rhyming poem, but then I decided to save face and spare you the goofy poem.  

So, Happy Birthday, Mama, I love you!!!  

the_chimp_is_happy.jpg

(photo taken from http://www.kloonigames.com/blog/crayonphysics/happy-birthday-crayon-physics-deluxe)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images