Day 5

6:14 AM

Day 5 was excellent!  It was really easy to get through, although there was a moment when I ran out of my lemonade for a little too long and my headache came back, but as soon as I got myself some more juice I was good to go.

It was a lovely Sunday with beautiful weather and my best buddy to share it with.  Joey and I lazied about in the morning, and then, later, we went to go see the new X-Men movie, which, if you're interested, was awesome and may have been the best of the series yet.


In the evening, we watched, "The Killing", one of AMC's mini-series, which is a great show btw... only a few more episodes left. I think I'm a big fan of the limited episodes format which allows the story to flesh out and have a purposeful ending while also giving time enough to allow the viewer to truly spend time with the characters. In on-going episodic television, the characters are pretty flat simply because they serve a purpose for that one episode, because, who knows when the show will end, there's no real reason to drive that character to really and truly reveal themselves. Their purpose is to move the plot from point A to point B within 30 minutes or so. I'm not saying that all of them are bad, I've just found the shows with a shorter life span to typically resonate within me longer. If you have any, what are your favorite shows?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images