Here we go!

7:22 PM

Ok, so tomorrow school starts back marking the beginning of a very busy semester.  I feel good about the mountainous "To Do" list that lies before Joey and I.  When I step back and observe this giant list of challenges, errands, hurtles, and tasks, it looks back at me dauntingly and mockingly... for, in the past, I have proven that organization and accomplishing large quantities of tasks consistently is not my forte.  However, it's a new year, with big milestones.  I've completed all of the courses and tests necessary to gain certification as a teacher, I'm going to be an Aunt soon... very soon, I'm taking the big plunge and getting hitched in June to my best friend, Joey, and I see the light at the end of the tunnel in getting my Masters at the end of FA2010.  It's definitely one of the most exhilarating and exciting times of my life, and I want to be able to breathe it all in and experience it to the fullest.  I have been extremely blessed, and the last thing I want to do is to take it for granted.
So, I'm going to step up to the plate and begin to knock off these "To Do's" one by one while shaking the urge to give way to "the lazies" and give up on my New Year's resolutions.  Though I might falter, I will work my hardest to not procrastinate, stay pro-active in achieving each individual goal, and remain positive when times get overwhelming.  This is my promise to myself.




While I was in Italy for a month, taking a photography and a sociology course, I was able to walk around by myself for long periods of time simply enjoying my surroundings and that entire experience.  This photograph is my favorite self-portrait, whether it be photographed, drawn, or painted.  The photograph, for me, not only captures the feeling of movement in my life then, and the adventure I felt in that trip that took every last penny of my savings, but it also reminds me of the sense of pride and confidence that I felt as I stood on that street.  For the first time in my life I had really taken a step out of my security zone and began to feel truly happy with myself and what I was capable of.   This photograph feels appropriate for this post as it embodies that same sense of excitement then that I feel now.  It's a bit blurry due to the fact that it has not been properly scanned into digital form, but hopefully the image is clear enough to evoke the emotions I felt at that moment and at this time in my life.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images